Sharing the joy of giving…
WomenConnected is a philanthropic women’s giving circle within the Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Foundation where women have the opportunity to combine their charitable contributions and as a group, manage and grant funds to Sarah Bush Lincoln programs and services.
There are two levels of membership. Women donate annual gifts of $500 or $1,000. Membership contributions are pooled together with 75 percent used to provide grants, the other 25 percent into a temporarily restricted endowment that can be used if a specific need arises at Sarah Bush Lincoln. Some SBL programs and services funded include cardiovascular screenings, nursing education, nutrition counseling for overweight children and diabetes programs. Since its inception in 2003, WomenConnected has granted $285,000 to SBL.
In 2011, WomenConnected awarded $50,661 in grants to eight SBL programs. The following were the awards:
- $1000 - Body Smart for Women
- $885 - DVD for Training Staff with Direct Patient Care Responsibilities
- $1,550 - Healthy Directions Weight Management
- $2,200 - Oral Health Education Tools for Schools
- $25,000 - Funding the Future, Emergency Department
- $1,300 - JumpStart Program
- $1,224 - Medical Nutrition Therapy for Overweight Children
- $17,502 - Creation of Restorative Dental Care Fund
WomenConnected meets six times per year with three of those being a
members-only “Lunch with the CEO” with SBL President & CEO Timothy A. Ols.
If you would like to learn more about WomenConnected or to join, please contact Amy Card in the SBL Health Foundation at 217/ 258- or 348-2511.
Dr. Sheryl Artmann
Dr. Lori Cudone
Carol Jo Fritts
Mary Lou Wild