Dear Readers, I didn’t realize there were so many of you! I honestly thought the only person who kept up with this blog was probably like, my Granna (she deserves a shoutout for always reading and complimenting my blogs). However, this past week I was told by a surprising amount of people that they had been keeping up with and enjoying my blog. Thank you for that! ☺
Gratuities aside, I’d like to give you a few helpful tips that I have recently learned! Here they are in a convenient list form for your enjoyment.
• Go workout with a friend. Not just so you’ll have someone to talk to, but because I never want to stop doing the elliptical before my friend or quit doing crunches while someone is watching. Bringing a friend (a FRIEND, not your significant other because I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be sweaty and gross in front of my boyfriend) helps you push yourself to keep going.
• Set a routine for when you go work out. If you come to the gym with a focus in mind, you’re more likely to leave feeling accomplished as opposed to wandering around talking yourself out of doing anything you don’t feel like doing that day.
• Drink a smoothie for breakfast! It helps you feel energized, refreshed, keeps you full until lunch, and helps you get started on your servings of fruit during the day,
• Accept compliments on your progress! (This is very important). If someone tells you that you’re looking good, getting thinner, or tells you they are proud of what you’re doing, SAY THANK YOU. Don’t blow it off. Take it to heart. You ARE making progress, and others can see it.
• Create a work out playlist. Listening to music that gets you pumped up while you’re running or working out helps you feel invincible.
I hope you enjoyed my list! All of these things have been helping me lately, and I’d love to see them help you too! You can comment with any thoughts, suggestions, or little victories below because I would LOVE to hear what you have to say.