Are you a nursing mom? Perhaps you are expecting and have decided to breastfeed your baby. Or maybe you haven’t delivered yet and you are still trying to make up your mind.
At Sarah Bush Lincoln’s Women and Children’s Center, about 60 to 65 percent of all new moms begin feeding their babies with the best nutrition on the planet – breast milk! Within one week, more than half of those mothers have stopped. What happens during that first week that changes their minds?
Let’s hear from some mothers who are experienced in breastfeeding. I encourage you to join our blog and share your thoughts.
- Tell us about your breastfeeding experience.
- How long did you nurse your baby/babies?
- What surprised you about breastfeeding?
- What was easy about it? What, if anything, was hard?
- Did you return to work or school and continue nursing? How did you make that work for your life?
- If you nursed for a shorter time than you intended, what caused you to stop?
Willing to share your views on breastfeeding? If you are pregnant, post your questions so our experienced nursing mothers and I can answer. It’s a great way to get wonderful information from real women who know what they are talking about!
Thanks for checking in on the blog. I’ll look forward to hearing from you!