What Massage Therapy Can Do for You.
- relieves muscle tension
- eases aches and pains
- provides greater flexibility and range of motion
- promotes deeper breathing
- improves blood circulation
- reduces blood pressure
- strengthens the immune system
- eases constipation, gas and heartburn
- promotes faster healing of damaged muscles and ligaments
- relieves mental stress
- reduces levels of anxiety
- alleviates discomfort during pregnancy (to receive massage therapy services when pregnant or undergoing cancer treatment, you must have verbal permission from your physician)
According to the National Chronic Pain Outreach Association, more than 30 million patients suffer from chronic pain. The effectiveness of massage therapy and pain management lies in its holistic approach by focusing on the entire body and its relationship to soft tissue pain.
Who can Benefit
If you have acute or chronic pain from any of the following disorders, massage may bring some relief.
- Muscular problems
- Migraine and tension headaches
- Joint pain
- Lower back pain
- Pain due to surgery
- Inflammation and swelling
- Whiplash neck pain
- Trigger-point therapy
- Hot Stone Massage
- Belly Work
- Body Movement Education
One-half hour - $30
Forty-five minutes - $40
One hour - $50
Mini Massage or target-area for less than 30 minutes - $1 a minute (usually focuses on problem area)
Sarah Bush Lincoln staff does not accept tips or gratuities.
Gift certificates are available for all services.
8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
SBL Massage Therapy is located on the Sarah Bush Lincoln campus:
Prairie Pavilion 2, Suite 102
1004 Health Center Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
To make an appointment, please call 217 258-2530.
About our Therapist
BJ Quast has been a licensed therapist since 2006 and her passion is therapeutic massage combining the use of hot stones. She is known for her ability to help relieve neck pain and headaches. She continues her education in The Trager Approach. She is now a certified Trager Practitioner. It is a technique in which gentle soothing, repetitive, and passive movements are performed on the client in combination with body movement education, so the client can learn to relax their own muscles, relieving pain and returning them to more normal function.