Are you depressed?
Everyone feels sad or blue sometimes, but for some these feelings won’t go away.
Treatment for depression often involves talk therapy and may require medication. Outcome studies find that a combination works best for major depression. If you have some of these symptoms that have lasted longer than a few weeks, you should seek help. The best place to start is with your doctor.
• Feeling unhappy, sad, down, or miserable nearly every day.
• Feeling helpless, hopeless, or worthless.
• Loss of interest in hobbies, friends, and activities that used to be enjoyable.
• Not sleeping well, or sleeping too much.
• Gaining or losing weight.
• Feeling low on energy or constantly tired.
• Having a hard time concentrating or making decisions.
• Thoughts or talk about suicide.
Take a depression screening .
Depression is not a sign of weakness or something to be ashamed of – it is a serious illness. The positive news is that even in serious cases, treatment is usually very successful. So don’t wait.
Help is available 24/7 at 1-866-567-2400.