There is a strong stigma associated with wearing hearing aids. Some people are afraid they will look old or handicapped, or that wearing one is not cool. However, technology has advanced considerably so that hearing aids today are virtually invisible to see and undetectable when wearing.
Hearing is an important part in enjoying life. Unfortunately, 1 in 10 Americans experience some degree of hearing loss. Hearing loss is not limited to older people. In fact, 65 percent of people with hearing loss are under the age of 65.
Most hearing loss happens gradually and people adapt without realizing it.
• Do you ask people to repeat themselves?
• Do you need to face the speaker to hear what is said?
• Does it sound like people are mumbling or slurring their words?
• Do you struggle to hear in crowded places?
• Do you like the volume on the TV or radio louder than other people?
• Do you hear ringing or buzzing in your ears?
Call Sarah Bush Lincoln Audiology and let us make a difference.
1000 Health Center Drive
905 N. Maple