WomenConnected Celebrates 10 Years of Philanthropy

August 8, 2013 10:38 a.m.

WomenConnected, a women’s giving circle within the Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Foundation and one of the largest giving circles in the Midwest devoted to healthcare, is celebrating 10 years of philanthropic support of the Health Center.

WomenConnected has awarded more than $336,000 to a variety of Sarah Bush Lincoln programs, projects and services in the last decade. The group directly supports those programs that improve the health of residents in the communities served by the Health Center. Some of the projects receiving funds have included the Regional Cancer Center to purchase comfort items for patients; Step in the Right Direction, a diabetes prevention program; Living with Diabetes, a program to help people better manage their disease; Heart Smart for Teens, a program focused on teen girls to improve their heart health; Tobacco Cessation program; Oral Health Education to area grade school students; Healthy Heroes Challenge to encourage students in local schools to improve their nutrition and activity levels; and iPad devices for use with non-communicative patients in Speech Therapy.

WomenConnected is comprised of 68 members from Coles and surrounding counties and League City, Texas who combine their charitable contributions and as a group, manage and direct funds to Sarah Bush Lincoln programs and services. The charitable contributions – consisting of $500 or $1,000 per year -- are pooled together with 75 percent used to provide grants and the other 25 percent is placed into an endowment that can be used as specific needs arise at Sarah Bush Lincoln.

“These ladies make a huge difference for our organization and are true ambassadors for Sarah Bush Lincoln in their own communities. It is a pleasure to work with such an amazing group of women who are compassionate and generous community leaders,” Amy Card, Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Foundation Director and WomenConnected member, said.

For more information about WomenConnected, contact Card at 258- or 348-2511 or acard@sblhs.org, or visit WomenConnected’s Facebook page.

Next: Sarah Bush Lincoln Earns Three Awards for Patient & Employee Experience

Currently Reading: WomenConnected Celebrates 10 Years of Philanthropy

Previous: Robert Biggs, MD, Returns Home to Arcola Clinic

About Us

Make a First Appointment Maternity Pre-Registration Make a Donation Recognize a Sarah Bush Lincoln Employee