Health Insurance & Billing
There are several considerations regarding health plans - from whether it is a hospital or physician plan, to what kind of coverage your plan allows. People are encouraged to verify their benefits with their plan administrator by referring to their insurance membership card for contact information. Please check with your insurance company, HMO or PPO network or your employee benefits department to make certain all services are covered at Sarah Bush Lincoln.
You may be liable for certain services if they are not pre-authorized. Always check with your health plan prior to any elective admission or testing to determine whether it is a covered service.
You may be eligible for Sarah Bush Lincoln Financial Assistance for services provided by a Sarah Bush Lincoln employed provider. For more information and to download an application, visit this page.
Sarah Bush Lincoln is a Participating Provider with the following health plans:
BlueCross BlueShield – BCE
Community Partners Health Plan
Coventry Health Care Plan
Health Alliance Medical Plans
Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
Healthcare’s Finest Network
Humana – Medicare
MH Net Behavioral Health Services
Private Health Care Systems
United Healthcare Medicare
TRICARE – Sarah Bush Lincoln is a non-network provider: Non-network providers are TRICARE-authorized providers who do not have a signed agreement with the regional contractors to provide care at a negotiated rate. There are two types of non-network providers: participating and non-participating. Sarah Bush Lincoln is a participating provider. Participating providers have agreed to file claims for you, to accept payment directly from TRICARE and to accept the TRICARE allowable charge, less any applicable cost shares paid by you, as payment in full for their services.
For questions or more information, call 1-800-381-0040.
The cost of the COVID-19 testing is $125. Your insurance should cover the full cost. If you do not have insurance, the CARES Act will cover the cost of it.
Sarah Bush Lincoln is eligible to participate in the 340B Federal Drug Program due to the large number of Medicare and Medicaid patients it serves. However, according to the federal regulations, in order to participate in the 340B Program, Sarah Bush Lincoln must designate certain medical offices on the Health Center’s campus as “Hospital-Based.” A hospital-based designation is a national model of billing practice that is regulated by Medicare.
It means that when receiving care at Sarah Bush Lincoln hospital-based locations, all patients will receive a facility charge, as well as a professional or physician charge for outpatient services and/or procedures. These separate charges will be reflected on the patient statements for services provided.
Insurance coverage for the facility charge will depend on a patient’s specific insurance carrier. Patients are advised to review their insurance benefits or contact their insurance provider to determine what their policy will cover and identify any out-of-pocket expenses. Patient may also contact Sarah Bush Lincoln’s Patient Financial Services at 1-800-381-0040. Our staff is always happy to help you.
Below is a list of Sarah Bush Lincoln’s Hospital-Based clinics affected.
- Advanced Wound Center (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 302)
- Cardiology & Pulmonology Clinic (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Entrance H)
- Center for Interventional Pain (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 106)
- Child Psychiatry (SBL, 1005 Health Center Dr., Suite 101)
- ENT Clinic (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 401)
- Gastroenterology & Special Procedures (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 204)
- Neurology Clinic (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 107)
- Orthopedics Clinic (SBL, 1004 Health Center Dr., Suite 100)
- Podiatry Clinic (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite
- Psychiatry & Counseling (SBL, 1005 Health Center Dr., Suite 102)
- Regional Cancer Center (1001 Health Center Dr. 104)
- Surgery Clinic (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 101)
- Urology Clinic (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 305)
- Women’s Healthcare Clinic (SBL, 1000 Health Center Dr., Suite 201)
Current as of 6/26/2020