Outpatient Behavioral Health
During April, the Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic is converting all appointments to telephone calls for established patients with the exception of those needing injections. In addition, clinic hours are reduced and will vary each day. Customers are encouraged to call the office during the hours of 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday at 217-258-4042 for further information.
Clinic Hours Reduced
Effective April 6, several of our clinics are temporarily adjusting their hours of operation to meet the current patient demand.
• Charleston Family Practice Clinic
Monday through Thursday - 8 am to 4 pm • Closed on Friday
• Evergreen Clinic
Offices of SBL Effingham Surgery Clinic and Effingham Urology
8 am to 4 pm - Monday through Thursday • 8 am to noon – Friday
• Sullivan Clinic closing at noon every day
• Arthur Clinic will be closed every Wednesday
• Arcola Clinic will be closing at 3 pm every day
• Shelbyville Clinic will be closing at 3 pm every day
• Newton Clinic will be closing at 3 pm every day
• Casey Clinic will be closed on Tuesdays
• Neoga Clinic will be closed on April 10 and April 24
• Toledo Clinic will be closing at noon every day
• Urology Clinic - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8 am to 5 pm;
closed April 10, 15, 17,22, 24, 29 & May 1
• The Heart Center 8 am to 3:30 pm
• Pediatric Clinic (Prairie Pavilion 1)
8 am to 4 pm - Monday through Friday
SBL has updated its visitor policy to restrict all visitors to the Health Center and clincs with a few exceptions. During childbirth through mother and baby discharge, she can have one support person who cannot leave the room. All meals will be brought to them. A visitor is permitted if a patient is at end-of-life. Clergy is also permitted at end-of-life. In the case of surgery, the patient may have a support person to hear the doctor's report and discharge instructions. In Special Procedures, the support person will stay in the car and at discharge, the nurse will provide the driver with appropriate information. A support person should accompany a child and people with developmental disabilities or dementia.
Lincolnland Home Medical Equipment
Lincolnland Home Medical Equipment is closing its showroom on April 1, 2020. Curbside service is available for select items. For the Mattoon store, please call 217 235-0660; for the Effingham store, please call 217 347-7273.
SBL ENT Clinic
The SBL ENT Clinic will be closed temporarily, but office will be open for phone calls from 8 am to 12 pm Monday through Friday starting Wednesday, April 8.
SBL Pediatric Clinic
The Pediatric Clinic in Prairie Pavilion 1 is temporarily reducing its hours. Beginning 3/25, it will close at 4 pm.
The Outpatient Lab window in the Health Center will mimic Outpatient Registration’s shortened hours of 7 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday and 7 am to noon on Saturday. If arrangements need to be made for a lab draw outside of these hours, patients can call 217 258-2225 to make special arrangements.
Sleep Disorders Center
The Sleep Disorders Center will close after the work day on Friday. Patients on the schedule will be given the option to move up their appointments or be placed on a list to be a top priority.
The pediatric dental clinic is closed for routine care due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however we will provide emergency care for our patients. A dental emergency constitutes a traumatic accident to the mouth or teeth OR any of the following—severe pain OR facial swelling OR fever associated with a tooth. If your child is experiencing a dental emergency during our business hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., please call 217 259-4185 Monday – Friday. If the emergency occurs after hours, please go to the ER immediately.
Sarah Bush Lincoln is accepting hand-sewn face masks from community members. They can be delivered to a drop-off bucket inside the front doors from 8 am to 4:30 pm at Prairie Pavilion 1 (1005 Health Center Dr.) on the Health Center's campus beginning Tuesday, March 24. They will be cleaned and distributed to our least vunerable population. We have an amazing community that continually rises up to help others and we are incredibly grateful to our community members who are sharing their talents with us.
Here is a link to a YouTube video on how to make a mask. • Fask mask template
Outpatient Registration Shortens Hours
Outpatient Registration has shortened its hours in the Health Center's main lobby to 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and 7 am to noon on Saturday.
Primary Care Telephone Appointments
Primary Care clinics began converting appointments for their patients with chronic illnesses and co-morbidities to telephone appointments to help their patients remain healthy during the pandemic. Once patients agree to the telephone “office” visit, they are called at the same time as their scheduled appointments. They are registered over the phone, history and vitals taken by a nurse and then the medical provider visits with them.
Curbside Prescription Pickup - Beginning Monday - 3/23/20
Prairie Medical Pharmacy will be offering curbside pickup at Entrance F . You will need to call 217-238-6270 in advance, and upon arrival, your prescriptions will be delivered to your car at the canopied entrance.
Elective Surgeries - Beginning Thursday - 3/19/20
Sarah Bush Lincoln is following the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines during this Covid-19 pandemic which requires that all elective surgeries be canceled/postponed. We will call to reschedule it when we are confident it is safe for you to have the surgery. Across the state and country, elective surgeries are being canceled primarily for two reasons: To help keep hospital beds available for people with severe respiratory issues, and to prevent the patient’s health from being compromised. We are only performing procedures and operations when the person’s health will be harmed by not having it.
Patient and Visitor Screening – Beginning Wednesday – 3/18/20
Sarah Bush Lincoln will begin screening all patients and visitors on Wednesday, March 18, at Entrances B, F and H at the Health Center and at all extended campus clinics.
- Temperatures of patients and visitors will be taken. You will also be asked screening questions regarding symptoms (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) travel and whether you had exposure to someone with the virus.
- Patients with a fever equal to or greater than 100.4ºF or 38ºC will be given a mask and allowed to seek the services they needed.
- Visitors with a temperature equal to or greater than 100.4ºF or 38ºC or any positive responses to the symptoms, travel or contact with someone with COVID-19, will be denied entrance into the building and recommended to call their primary care provider. If you are escorting someone, you will be directed to wait in your car.
- Entrances B, F and H will be locked at 5 pm. You will be able to exit the building through these doors. The ER can be accessed 24/7.
- In the extended campus clinics, patients and guests will be screened in the same manner and visitors who are positive to these screening questions will be directed to wait in their cars as well.
Sarah Bush Lincoln will open a 24/7 Hotline at 7 am Wednesday, March 18. The number is 217 258-7474 and is only for COVID-19-related questions. (Please note: This is not a “348-” number; only “258-”) Special thanks to the nurses who are covering the phones around the clock to help reassure our community members and answer their questions.
The community can always access the most up-to-date information here at sarahbush.org. It also will be shared on social media.