There were two positive COVID-19 test results on Wednesday, July 1, bringing the total to 285 positive results. Two people are hospitalized.
Visitor Policy Revised
Effective immediately, the visitor policy is less restrictive allowing one designated support person per patient in inpatient and outpatient settings with the exception for patients on 2 South and CCU. The support person should call 2 South and CCU in advance to determine whether their loved one can have a visitor. There are no support person visits for people with COVID-19 or who are PUI (person under investigation), unless it is end of life.
Scheduled Outpatient Surgeries - Resumed on Monday, May 11
Sarah Bush Lincoln resumed scheduled outpatient surgery/procedures on Monday, May 11. Those scheduled for surgery will need to have a negative COVID-19 test result 72-hours prior to their scheduled surgery. The nursing staff will make arrangements for this test.
Scheduled Inpatient Surgeries - Resuming on Monday, May 18
Sarah Bush Lincoln plans to resume scheduled inpatient surgery cases starting on Monday, May 18, on a limited basis until June 1, when it will resume its regular surgery schedule. Those scheduled for surgery will need to have a negative COVID-19 test result 72-hours prior to their scheduled surgery.
Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing
The COVID-19 testing on the SBL campus is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday and Friday, and 7 am to noon on Saturday in the Center for Healthy Living east parking lot. Those being tested should enter the SBL campus from the Loxa Road and follow the signs. It takes just about three minutes to be tested. To receive a test, please call 217 258-7490 to pre-register. The cost is $95 and is covered by insurance and the CARES Act. There are no out-of-pocket expenses. Surgical/procedural patients will receive a call if their results are positive; while the general public will receive a telephone call with postive or negative results. Results are generally returned within two days.
Clinic Hours Reduced
Effective April 6, several of our clinics are temporarily adjusting their hours of operation to meet the current patient demand.
• SBL Arcola Clinic: M, T, Th, F - 7 am to 3 pm • W - 8 am to 3 pm
Will resume normal business hours beginning Monday, July 6:
M, T, Th, F - 7 am to 4 pm • W - 8 am to 5 pm
• SBL Medical Record Management: M-F - 9 am to 3:30 pm
Lincolnland Home Medical Equipment
Lincolnland Home Medical Equipment's showroom opens on June 1. All visitors must wear a mask. Curbside service is available for select items. For the Mattoon store, please call 217 235-0660; for the Effingham store, please call 217 347-7273; for the new Vandalia store, call 618 699-4502.
Sarah Bush Lincoln is accepting hand-sewn face masks from community members. They can be delivered to a drop-off bucket inside the front doors from 8 am to 4:30 pm at Prairie Pavilion 1 (1005 Health Center Dr.) on the Health Center's campus. They will be cleaned and distributed. We have an amazing community that continually rises up to help others and we are incredibly grateful to our community members who are sharing their talents with us.
Here is a link to a YouTube video on how to make a mask. • Fask mask template
Curbside Prescription Pickup - Beginning Monday - 3/23/20
Prairie Medical Pharmacy will be offering curbside pickup at Entrance F . You will need to call 217-238-6270 in advance, and upon arrival, your prescriptions will be delivered to your car at the canopied entrance.
Patient and Visitor Screening – Beginning Wednesday – 3/18/20
Sarah Bush Lincoln will begin screening all patients and visitors on Wednesday, March 18, at Entrances B, F and H at the Health Center and at all extended campus clinics.
- Temperatures of patients and visitors will be taken. You will also be asked screening questions regarding symptoms (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) travel and whether you had exposure to someone with the virus.
- Patients with a fever equal to or greater than 100.4ºF or 38ºC will be given a mask and allowed to seek the services they needed.
- Visitors with a temperature equal to or greater than 100.4ºF or 38ºC or any positive responses to the symptoms, travel or contact with someone with COVID-19, will be denied entrance into the building and recommended to call their primary care provider. If you are escorting someone, you will be directed to wait in your car.
- Entrances B, F and H will be locked at 5 pm. You will be able to exit the building through these doors. The ER can be accessed 24/7.
- In the extended campus clinics, patients and guests will be screened in the same manner and visitors who are positive to these screening questions will be directed to wait in their cars as well.