What is Lincolnland Hospice? | Video
Lincolnland Hospice of Sarah Bush Lincoln cares for and supports people who are terminally ill and their families in their homes and facilities they live in. It's a comprehensive program of care dedicated to controlling pain, relieving discomfort, and supporting the terminally-ill patient physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Hospice services are provided to every patient regardless of ability to pay. Lincolnland Hospice serves 20 counties in East Central Illinois from its offices in Mattoon & Effingham, and its worksites in Paris and Casey.
What is Included in Hospice Care?
• Nursing services on an intermittent basis
• Physician services
• Drugs for pain relief and symptom management
• Certified Nursing Assistant services
• Medical supplies and equipment
• Short-term inpatient care including respite care
• Medical social services
• Trained volunteers who provide companionship to patients and respite for families
• Bereavement services including support groups and counseling
• Spiritual support and Chaplain services
What are the Goals of Hospice Care?
• Pain control
• Symptom management
• Support for the terminally ill person and family in decision making
• Maximize quality of life
• Emotional support through the bereavement period
Who is Eligible for Hospice Care?
Any person who:
• Is terminally ill with a life expectancy of months rather than years
• Is no longer receiving curative treatment
• Resides in the service area
• Understands the hospice concept and desires hospice care
Who pays for Hospice Care?
• Lincolnland Hospice is not-for-profit. Medicare and Medicaid fully cover our hospice care, and
most insurance plans also offer coverage.
People in hospice care often have special wishes. They wish to speak to long-lost family members, revisit a favorite place or experience a simple dream. With Grant-A-Wish, we help meet end-of-life requests.
Contact Lincolnland Hospice of SBL at 1-800-454-4055.