The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award
The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award was created to recognize those nurses who have devoted their life’s work to the compassionate care of others. Recipients of this award are nominated for their dedication to nursing through active mentoring, role modeling, advocating for their patients and promoting the positive image of nursing. They serve as a beacon of inspiration to those at all stages of their career and in the various and important roles of nursing. Nomination deadline: July 1, 2022.
The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award gives staff a way to express their gratitude and recognize the legacies that have sustained and shaped the heritage of nursing. Nominations received for these individuals will be held and reviewed annually by the DAISY Committee. An internal call for nominations will be made prior to this review to give staff an opportunity to nominate eligible individuals.
It is important that the criteria for selecting DAISY Lifetime Achievement Honorees be consistent with the values and culture of Sarah Bush Lincoln and The DAISY Foundation. Selection criteria for this award include the following:
- Distinguished career as a nurse in clinical practice, administration, education, and/or research that promote a positive image of professional nursing
- Demonstrates and actively engages in the professional development of self and others in the nursing profession
- Serves as a role model and advocate for nursing practice and the advancement of nursing as a professional
- Advocates for the improvement of patient care and serves as an exemplar for enhancing the patient experience
- Recognized by the broader nursing community as a transformational nursing leader
- 20+ years of service suggested
DAISY award presentations are meant to be joyful occasions. The recognition ceremony, coordinated by the DAISY Committee, will be held at the annual DAISY banquet in September.
The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award package includes:
- DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award certificate
- DAISY Foundation portfolio for the award certificate
- DAISY Lapel Pin, specially designed by artist Ann Hand
- Unique Healer’s Touch sculpture on a pedestal with a personalized plaque
2021 Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient
Lisa Koester, RN
If you have an exemplary nurse you would like to nominate, please describe the impact they have on their staff and the patient care they manage using the criteria below. Please provide as much detail as possible to help the DAISY Committee in its selection.
Eligible leaders include nurses with 20+ years of service or those who are retiring. Nomination deadline: July 1, 2022.
We respect and safeguard your privacy. This form is secure.