Wellness and Weight Loss Program
Through the four-month Wellness & Weight Loss program, participants receive a custom designed exercise program, nutrition education, and weekly support and encouragement to assist with reaching individual health and weight loss goals for optimum health and wellness. The goal is to instill knowledge and skills that result in behavior change to support successful weight management.
All participants are required to obtain clearance from their medical provider before beginning any program at the Healthy Living Fitness Center. A provider-signed order is needed to begin program. Restrictions or recommendations from your provider will be used in designing your exercise program.
- Enhance quality of life
- Manage chronic conditions
- Prevent avoidable hospitalizations
- Delay onset or reoccurrence of symptoms
- Support and help achieve individual goals
- Behavior modification
- Achieve a consistent fitness program
- Transition to a long-term communitybased exercise program, including a YMCA membership at the Center for Healthy Living
The Program Includes:
- Fitness and nutrition based pre- and post- program assessments.
- Two exercise sessions per week with an exercise specialist.
- Access to the fitness center during all operating hours.
- Weekly health coaching sessions with optional weigh-ins.
- Four one-on-one sessions with a registered dietitian to address nutrition needs.
- Ideal for those patients who have a goal to lose weight and create a healthier lifestyle throughhealthy diet and exercise.
Who Can Benefit
Our customized Medical Exercise Services are designed to benefit people with conditions such as:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Chronic pain
- People working on: Post-rehabilitation from injury or surgery, Weight reduction
$100 join fee & $65/month
Additional Dietitian and Health Coaching sessions may be purchased after program completion.
When you complete the 120-day program, our goal is to keep you moving. You may continue to use the Fitness Center through a reciprocal arrangement with the Mattoon Area Family YMCA. You can join the YMCA and select to use this facility. Scholarships and senior discounts are available. If you wish to continue to use a personal trainer, you may purchase sessions.
Membership includes full use of the facility during hours of operation, seven days a week. For more information, please ask a Center for Healthy Living staff member, or call the YMCA at 217 234-9494.
For more information, call the Center for Healthy Living at 217 238-3488.