Make plans now to join us from 6 to 11 pm on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at the Keller Convention Center in Effingham, IL for Cheers!, an annual event to fund healthcare scholarships.
This evening includes:
- Cocktail Party with heavy hors d’oeuvres
- Music by 8South, Nashville, TN will be performing again
- Wine & Whiskey Tasting for an opportunity to win a piece of jewelry donated by Towne Square Jewelers
- Invitations are open to the public. Reservations are required.
SBL Health Foundation
1000 Health Center Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
Invitations are open to the public. Reservations are required by February 28, 2020. Donations are tax-deductible.
Hotel reservations can be made directly with the Effingham Holiday Inn at (217) 540-7777. Rooms are being held under Cheers! (group code SBL) until February 22, 2020 at a rate of $109 per room.
Southern Missouri Wine Package
What better way to start your wine country weekend than in Rocheport with a tour (for up to 10) of Les Bourgeois Vineyards, offering a world-class experience in Mid-Missouri. You’ll be offered multiple tastings of their wines while touring the winery & vineyard to see first-hand how the process works. As a preview, you’ll also receive a bottle of their wine to enjoy in advance or on the bluff top patio, with its spectacular view of the Missouri River Valley.
Continue your Rocheport visit with dinner for two at Abigail’s in the historic business district before retiring for the first of your two-night stay at the quaint School House B&B.
- Tour & tasting for up to 10 at Les Bourgeois Vineyards, Rocheport, and a complimentary bottle of wine
- Dinner for two at Abigail’s in historic district of Rocheport
- Two-night stay at the School House B&B, Rocheport
- $400 Herman Hill gift certificate good for accommodations, spa services or products
- $50 BP gas card from Lanman Oil
- Also includes wine from southern Missouri vineyards & miscellaneous wine tools
Since 1979, the SBL Guild has awarded more than $700,000 in scholarships to students in our service area who are pursuing their educations in medically related fields. Qualified areas of study include, but are not limited to nursing, medical technology, radiology, physical therapy, pharmacy, dietetics, medical coding, and speech pathology. The school to be attended must be accredited or recognized as an approved program by the appropriate agencies. Scholarships are awarded for an academic year and are based on a student’s scholastic achievement, financial need and the availability of funds. This year’s scholarship application deadline is April 1. Selection of recipients is made in early May.
For more information about scholarships or to submit an application , contact Tracy Haddock, Volunteer Services Supervisor at Sarah Bush Lincoln at (217) 258-4180. For more information about the event, contact the SBL Health Foundation at (217) 258-2511.